In the process of using the chain, it is inevitable to […]
In the process of using the chain, it is inevitable to encounter problems with the chain. Below, Drive Chain Manufacturers introduces how to overcome the jitter phenomenon of the chain:
1. Sprocket tooth wear: If there is obvious wear on both sides of the sprocket tooth, the transmission alignment is not good. If there is a "curved groove" that means excessive wear, the sprocket should be interchanged, or the sprocket can be reversed so that the less worn side faces the chain. The excessively worn sprocket is best replaced with the chain.
2. Pin wear: Usually pin wear is caused by a lack of smoothness. Always check whether there is an abrasive in the lubricating oil or change the smoothing method.
3. Side wear of the chainplate: If the inner and outer surfaces of the inner link chainplate are severely worn, it means that the transmission is not aligned. The solution is to check the alignment of the shaft and the sprocket. If there is no problem with the device, you can observe whether it can cause a lack of rigidity due to excessive load-deformation during operation.
4. Chain chattering: The reason for the roller chain chattering is that the chain is too loose, the load is too large, or one or more chain links are not sensitive. The treatment method is to install the chain tensioner or adjust the center distance. Reduce the load if possible.
5. Chain and sprocket coordination: If the chain and sprocket are not well-matched, it may be that the hinges of the chain are worn and the pitch is elongated. If there is a phenomenon of tooth skipping, the chain should be changed in time. If the sprocket is worn out, change it to avoid damage to the new chain.
6. The running noise of the roller chain is too loud: the reason for the excessive noise is that the sprocket wheels are not coplanar; the chain tension is too large or too small; the smoothness is lacking; the chain and the sprocket are worn out, or the chain pitch is too large. The treatment method is: check the coplanarity of the front and rear axles and the sprocket to correct it. Adjust the center distance and tension installation to obtain proper tightness and ensure smoothness to the workpiece.
7. Roller chain tension: the chain tension is related to the sag interval of the loose edge of the chain. For the degree of adjustable center distance and tilt transmission, the sag of the loose edge of the chain should be 2% of the center distance. If the centerline is driven vertically or subjected to vibration load, the reverse drive should make the chain more tensioned.