Drive Chain Manufacturers introduced that the sprocket […]
Drive Chain Manufacturers introduced that the sprocket is driven by a chain, and the model unit is generally in English. There are single row, double row, and multiple rows. Suitable for low speed, heavy load, and high-temperature conditions. Compared with gears, it can be used where the centers of the two shafts are far away. Gears are driven by meshing with each other, and the model unit is mostly metric, expressed by modulus. The power and speed range of the transmission is relatively large. The compact structure can achieve a larger transmission ratio, high efficiency, and long service life.
The main differences between gears and sprockets are:
1. The gear has an involute tooth shape, while the sprocket has a "three-arc straight line" tooth shape.
2. The gear can realize the transmission between parallel shafts and any interleaved shafts, while the sprocket can only realize the transmission between parallel shafts.
3. The gear transmission structure is compact, and the sprocket can realize long-distance transmission.
4. The gear is driven by the meshing of the teeth of the two gears, and the transmission between the two sprockets is realized by the chain.
5. The torque transmitted by the gear is larger than the sprocket.
6. Gear processing accuracy and installation cost are higher than sprocket.